Girls in Tech recently launched its crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo to support GIT M, Girls in Tech’s Mentorship program, as well as international expansion efforts. To view the campaign, click here.
Launched in 2007, Girls in Tech is an all-volunteer, grassroots effort and has grown organically to over 35 chapters spanning across North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Your donations will help us build the curriculum for GIT M, our Girls in Tech Mentorship program for girls in primary, secondary and high school. Some of the programs that we will offer, include:
- Mobile application building workshops
- Business plan development and execution workshops
- Mini-seminars on using Microsoft Office software programs
- eMentorship matching and programming
- Career shadowing programming
- D+D Day (Design and Development Day)
- Intro. to Coding programming
- GIT “Geeky” Field Trips
- Social media & Online marketing 101 seminars
- GIT M’s high-touch workshops will help increase interest and excitement around the STEM fields with hopes that more women will enter into the tech workforce and provide equal representation.
- Establishing a global, active network of girls and women interested in computer science, coding, development, and design.
- Execute on a variety of top-notch educational programs which will expose girls and women to technology best practices, skill-building, and potential career options.
- Encourage more female leaders in the tech industry to serve as role models and spread inspirational thoughts about leadership, taking risks and collaboration in the workplace.
Other Ways You Can Help
Some people just can’t contribute, but that doesn’t mean you can’t help:
- If you support our mission, please let your own friends and family know!
- Guest blogging
- Introduction to female CEOs, entrepreneurs and leaders in the tech community
- In-kind sponsorships for events