What would happen if you put some of the most innovative, ground-breaking thought leaders from the business world in a room with some of the most creative and influential social change agents of our time for one day?
The Intersection Event is a day-long event on innovation and its effect on the major social issues of our time, held at Google’s HQ this Saturday, January 19, 2013. A line-up of respected innovators will join social change agents to tackle several pressing issues that face us every day.
The goal of the event is to create intersections of attendees from a wide range of backgrounds who can collaborate to uncover innovations with an impact on social change that are beneficial to themselves, their companies and the global community.
This year’s event will also include the first annual Gratitude Awards, which will award a total of $30,000 to three education-focused social enterprise organizations. The inaugural Gratitude Awards will honor non-profits or social entrepreneurs with high potential to move the needle on global social issues through innovations on education.
- Barry Zito, All-Star & CY Young Recipient Pitcher, San Francisco Giants
- Bill Draper, Managing Partner, Draper Richards
- Evan Williams, Co-Founder of Twitter and CEO of The Obvious Corporation
- Lorraine Twohill, Vice President Global Marketing, Google
- Sheryl WuDunn, Author, Half the Sky and Senior Managing Director, Mid-Market Securities
- Reid Hoffman, Executive Chairman of LinkedIn and Partner, Greylock Capital
- Nathan Myhrvold, Former CTO of Microsoft and Founder of Intellectual Ventures
- Peter Goldmark, Chairman, Ashoka Changemakers Global Council
- Helene D. Gayle, President and CEO of CARE USA
- Eric Nadelstern, Former Deputy Chancellor of NY City Public School System
- Steve Jurvetson, Managing Director of Draper Fisher Jurvetson
- Jason Yotopoulos, Executive Vice President Global Research and Business Incubation at SAP
- Frans Johansson, Author, The Medici Effect and The Click Moment
- Marla Olmstead, Artist
- Guru Singh, Teacher, Minister, 3rd Generation Yogi
- Randy Haykin, Chairman, Haykin Capital and The Gratitude Network
- Dr. Chris Pitt, President/CEO, VivaGlobal and Managing Director, Gratitude Global
Proceeds from The Intersection Event are donated to its non-profit 501(c)3 host,The Gratitude Fund , a non-profit social venture fund seeking to empower gifted social entrepreneurs who are embracing innovative products, business models and leadership practices in order to address and defeat social challenges. A selection of social ventures will be “crowd-funded” through The Intersection Event series.